Notes for Flutists: A Guide to the Repertoire
Notes for Flutists: A Guide to the Repertoire offers important historical and analytical information about three dozen of the best-known pieces written for the flute. Its contextual and theoretical insights make it an essential resource for professional, amateur, and student flutists. With engaging prose supported by fact-filled analytical charts, the book offers rich biographical information and informative analyses to help flutists gain a more complete understanding of J. S. Bach's Sonata in B minor, Reinecke's Undine Sonata, Faure's Fantaisie, Hindemith's Sonata for Flute and Piano, Copland's Duo for Flute and Piano, and 30 other masterpieces.
Offering a faithful and comprehensive guide to understanding the contexts in which the repertoire was composed, Notes for Flutists details in clear, chronological order flute repertoire from Telemann, Mozart, and Enescu to Prokofiev, Poulenc, and Muczynski.
Kyle Dzapo includes biographical information on each composer and highlights history's impact on the creation and performance of important works for flute. Intended as a starting point for connecting performance studies with scholarship, Dr. Dzapo's analysis will help flutists gain a more complete picture of a given work.
Its valuable insights make it essential to musicians preparing and presenting programs, and its detailed historical information about the work and composer will encourage readers to explore other works in a similarly analytical way. Covering concertos, chamber pieces, and works for solo flute, Kyle Dzapo presents Notes for Flutists, an indispensable handbook for students and professionals alike.
Pieces included are:
- Baroque Monuments:
- Telemann - Suite in A Minor
- G. F. Handel - Sonata in E Minor, HWV 379
- Vivaldi - Concerto in D Major 'Il Gardellino'
- J. S. Bach - Sonata in B Minor, BWV 1030
- C. P. E. Bach - Sonata in A Minor, Wq. 132
- W. A. Mozart - Concerto in G Major, K. 313
- Schubert - Introduction and Variations, Op. posthumous160
- Doppler - Fantaisie Pastorale Hongroise, Op. 26
- Reinecke - Sonata, Op. 167 'Undine'
- Godard - Suite de Trois Morceaux, Op. 116
- Faure - Fantaisie, Op. 79
- Chaminade - Concertino, Op. 107
- Enescu - Cantabile et Presto
- Gaubert - Nocturne et Allegro Scherzando
- Hue - Fantaisie
- Debussy - Syrinx
- Roussel - Joueurs de Flute, Op. 27
- Nielsen - Concerto for Flute and Orchestra
- Ibert - Concerto for Flute and Orchestra
- Hindemith - Sonata for Flute and Piano
- Varese - Density 21.5
- Martin - Ballade for Flute and Piano
- Prokofiev - Sonata in D Major
- Dutilleux - Sonatine for Flute and Piano
- Jolivet - Chant de Linos
- Martinu - First Sonata for Flute and Piano
- Messiaen - Le Merle Noir
- Poulenc - Sonata for Flute and Piano
- Berio - Sequenza
- Griffes - Poem for Flute and Orchestra
- Burton - Sonatina for Flute and Piano
- Bloch - Suite Modale
- La Montaine - Sonata for Flute Solo, Op. 24
- Muczynski - Sonata for Flute and Piano, Op. 14
- Copland - Duo for Flute and Piano
Belle-Epoque Legacies of the Conservatoire:
Heralds of a New Era:
Mid-Century Solo and Chamber Masterpieces:
All online purchases greater than $200 (before tax) are eligible for free shipping within the US. Online purchases over $200 being shipped to locations outside the United States do not qualify for free shipping.
Items returned from a purchase utilizing the free shipping offer that brings the original invoice under $200 will result in the original shipping charge being re-applied.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover for online purchases up to $10,000.
You may also assemble your order online and pay offline using the "Offline Payment" payment method during the checkout process. In this case, once you submit your order, you will be contacted via phone or email for payment details before your order is processed. For offline orders we accept personal checks, bank checks, money orders, or travelers checks, with other legal tender acceptable only per arrangement.
Customers who bought this product also bought